Marbling is the ancient art of floating paint on the surface of thickened water (known as the “marbling size”) and then transferring this floating design onto paper or fabric. It has a rich history throughout Europe and Asia.
Bokundo Marbling Set:
consists of six non-toxic, water based colours in dropper top bottles.
Simply drop the colour onto water, blow, comb or swirl to disperse as required and place card paper or fabric onto the surface.
15ml bottles: yellow, crimson, blue, green, vermillion and black.
Pébéo Marbling consists of 9 colours and thickening powder (bath) to carry out the art of marbling easily on fabric, paper or any other light base.
Available in single colours only.
The technique of Marbling is a simplified bath technique.
– colours are water based, fluid and ready to use and can be mixed with each other.
– diluent: water.
– cleaning the tools: soapy water.
– surfaces: all kinds of light coloured surfaces : fabric, silk, paper, wood….
– drying: air dry, time according to the surface.
– fixing: for fabric only : 3 minutes with a hot iron, cotton setting, on the reverse of the fabric. caring: once fixed, fabric can be washed at 40°C (100° F).